Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Everything you need, nothing you don't"

"Everything you need, nothing you don't" - Sign

Time remaining in Shanghai is 1.5 months, from a maximum of 4 months and 28 days. Here are my top 10 updates from Shanghai.

1. Am going to Tianjin and Guangzhou for a week to watch Melbourne Victory play Tianjin Teda and Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals (respectively, and what a name!).

2. Have stayed up all night more times than times before combined, for karaoke, and similar things. Have also karaoked more times than times before combined ever, because it is so cheap.

3. When i get into the elevator, i sometimes feel the elevator bounce up and down, just a little bit. My weight is maintained at 72kg.

4. Have consumed more alcohol than ever before.

5. Have been able to use singular projects for multiple subjects' research projects. Basic reason for that is because all my subjects are almost the same. In one combined subject, my subjects are called: Marketing Economics and Pricing.

6. There's a smell of Shanghai inside my nose. The smell comes from fumes, cigarette smoke, and certain foods. It is activated most when i drank coffee.

7. Hahaha. I had a crush on my cell group leader. She took out a significant portion of my check list, but i have to admit that it was a little irrational. Cell group still rocks.

8. I won't be able to buy clothes back in Melbourne, not that i really bought much. A few days ago i bought 4 quite nice shirts for $15. And it's even cheaper on the Chinese version of eBay, called Taobao. This site is much better than eBay, because most of the clothing listings have models wearing the clothes in many pictures.

9. I take pictures everyday to use as a picture diary, because it's much easier than writing a text one!

10. Considered that Shanghai is not the best place to find English grammatical mistakes, because Shanghai is the most westernized city in China. I do believe that there is a significant market for English grammatical mistakes, not in the sense of correcting it, but in the sense of viewing it!

Love you!

No comments: