Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time for Stocktake

It has been 2 months, that's 60 days, since coming to Shanghai.

And now is the time to give a brief update of (20) of my current situation:

1. I now dislike oily foods, and fried foods. Which includes the street foods, and most Chinese restaurants.

2. I am currently 72kg, which is my weight 2 months ago.
3. I now do not take for granted the privacy i have in my own room back at home.
4. I now get over relationship problems easier, even if the relationship still has a problem.
5. I now understand that it is possible to build a good and strong friendship within 1 to 2 days.
6. Girls are not attractive here in Shanghai. Not even physically. (To me, for a relationship)
7. I miss my Church in Melbourne.
8. The only meal i have cooked is a dish for a potluck party.
9. I like Korean ballad music (slow and high, sung by guys).
10. I am now against piracy, because if i produced CDs or DVDs, i would want people to pay money for them.
11. I listen to Mike Bickle, Bill Johnson, Zhang Xiu Qin and Jason Westerfield to sleep. To be honest, Jason Westerfield is the only that puts me to sleep, because he speaks so rapidly.
12. I now have a new like for mixed accents between 2 or more nationalities.
13. The dormitory is very quiet. Do not think that there is a party here every night.
14. I love Chinese karaoke. How hard it is to find someone who knows and sings old --> modern Chinese songs.
15. I have found 'favourites'.
16. Have been to Shao Xing and Suzhou. I am not big on visiting places in China.
17. Have met lots of people. A percentage of whom i call friends.
18. Food further slips in its hold on my life, and has dropped significantly on my 'pleasures list'.
19. I have found a cell group full of great people.
20. I have found an underground Church to attend. Exciting.

If i have left out anything, please let me know. I will update you~!

1 comment:

Jason P said...

haha, don't you think number 6 is a bit too mean?