Friday, January 30, 2009

God is in the House

I attended Jesus Culture 09 on 15th Jan - 17th Jan, and it turned out to be as much as i expected and more.

The emphasis of the three days was Power Evangelism, which was how Jesus walked his life. The life of power is supposed to be embraced from the very beginning, when a person accepts Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, in other words, once we are saved, the supernatural realm is opened to us. Then why is it that people have become Christian for so many years, yet their lives do not shine the power of the resurrection? It's a matter of making a conscious decision, to step out into the supernatural (normal for a Christian), just as Peter stepped out of the boat to walk on water.

Quote from William Branham (1909-1965): "Christianity is 100% supernatural." So true.

The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians saying: "My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." So, during the conference, the speaker demonstrated the power of God, through healing.

He called out sicknesses from a list prepared earlier - sicknesses such as asthma, sports injuries, deafness, stomach problems etc. And he told peopel to stand up if they had any problems that he called out. After they stood, the speaker asked them to test the sicknesses to see if it's healed, and it was amazing. The man with a broken knee since 10+ years ago could suddenly walk straight, the asthmatic girl who once was not able to run for more than 20 metres was able run around an entire Church building, the man whose left lung shut down 4 years ago felt the incapacitated lung ease its way back to normal functioning. I witnessed 40+ healings on that day, and I'm sure there were a lot more, because of the next paragraph...

During his message before the healings, I felt tingles in my whole body. These tingles felt good, and body-shaking. I didn't know what it was until he asked people with sports injuries to stand up. I stood up for my lower left back. He asked us to test, so I got out into an aisle and did aerobics, and it felt very, good. God also healed me of conjunctivitis that day. I know because I've had it before a few times, and it doesn't just go from very red to nothing in 10 minutes, without any eyedrops or rest, one of which is a pain, and the other is a waste of time. This is my testimony.

Just in case you're wondering, the power of God displayed through healing miracles is not uncommon or unusual. You should be grateful and thankful for them, but get used to it.

Try, searching something along the lines of "God healing miracles testimony" in a big search engine, and you'll see that the idea of Christianity being 100% supernatural is to be embraced 100%.

No comments: