Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Function of (I)

There are a lot of tv series out there that have one particular function. What function, you say, to entertain right? Nope, not right. The particular function is this:


......



Where the y axis is the level of excitement of the series and the x axis is the time line of the series. Here the series starts off quite well to hook the viewer, then the excitement level eases away and drones into a routine for the plain purpose of filling time. The director may choose to finish with a bang, and this is only achievable through the 'boring bits' and build up in previous episodes.

This takes me back to the question of ancient secret: "Why are some people more good-looking than others?" Well because if everyone was good-looking, then everyone would also be really ugly.

Nerdy? Yes. I see the world in graphs. I think almost everything can be plotted some way or another, including qualitative items such as interaction between people, behaviour, and love - in interesting ways.

Here is f(I):

So this is f of (I). It mainly determines the way i plan, whether it is speeches, videos (movies), activities, or the intensity of on-going dates - that is, if dating should have any climax at this stage of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update this I say!

And to the question of ancient secret, there is a saying: 各花入各眼