Thursday, December 7, 2006

3. Photo Review and Girlfriends

Before i begin, I would like to wish you all a good reading. I hope the highlighted paragraph beginnings will catch your interest more easily.

Photo review

Here is my second uncle's favourite hair salon:

The 100 refers to $100 NT (new taiwanese dollar) which is not even AU$4. so good is a haircut under the shade of a tree.

People dance so freely in public. in this local park, people are learn to dance to all sorts of styles of music, even the style of tai-chi:



My second uncle told me to stop and take the photos and make it obvious and exaggerated, so that the dancers can enjoy some glory. taiwanese people are not conservative, if they have something to do, they'll do it even if it is at the expense of somebody else's convenience. e.g. recently i watched as a police man used up about 10 seconds to gather and spit phlegm right in front of the police station. i wondered what would happen if i had done the same thing. probably nothing. currently, it seems as though there is no law in taiwan.

In a few days time, there will be elections for mayor of taipei. Everywhere on the streets, on every pillar every bus stop every building every taxi every toilet every pathway every sidewalk every street sign every corner there is always some banner or poster or some form of advertisement for the 20 odd candidates. to make it quick, i will present you with The Kind Hearted Ninja's top 3.

Here is number 3:



She puts her thumb up and says: "i am your best friend forever" - now that is a funny joke.

Here is number 2:


He looks like a nutritionist who is waiting for his ad to cut off. It doesn't look it, but he really is about to crack up.

Here is number 1:




i suppose this action came out from his heart. you don't usually see steve bracks doing this because we're just too conservative and people might think this and that, but this person just doesn't care and is out there for a fair go. i have recently discovered that taiwanese schools force you to take school photo photos with a unique (within a class) item and pose of choice - this is how much taiwanese people encourage individuality and democracy.

I have moved on from my second uncle but let's go back to him. I mentioned that he is very unworldly. It is a good thing in some ways but not that great in his case for obvious reasons. I think he is a little too concerned about keeping up with the tides that he inconveniences himself on purpose. My dad knows of this attitude disease so he actually sent me to his house to live a few days to treat the disease as a secret side quest. So after some thought, I used some odd grammar, threw in some random english words, used double, followed by triple, negatives, a few tongue twisters and i think i have confused him. One day he came up to me and said: "You know, i think i might want to get a mobile phone..." then he added, "okay but it must be a mobile phone with no camera, no internet, no lights, no picture, no colour....aiya 'fan zheng' (all in all) just no functions lah". Obviously it's because no one in this world has a mobile phone of such description.

Yi Rong, daughter of my second uncle, who is also my cousin, told me an incredible thing. After i heard it i screamed and almost gave her a fright. (I screamed more so out of amusement than surprise.) She asked: "how is po-lun's girlfriend". i said: "...i don't know..." then she said, "....whaT!??" Then i screamed. She told me that the last time abe went back, which was two years ago, he had told her about the girlfriend. who knows which new girl abe is hanging around now? by the way, i don't think po-lun is going to mind me posting this up, because i'm probably the last one to know about this, behind my parents of course. everybody is now laughing.

What gave me a bigger fright, or a screech was when Yi Rong told me that Po-Lun once said to her: "Yes, The Kind Hearded Ninja also has a girlfriend, its just that The Kind Hearted Ninja and I never talk about these things." (that is so abe isn't it? and if you, Jo-an read this, please score him a fifty points) Hey! Just because he doesn't talk about it doesn't mean that i don't talk about it. It's just like my dad, who thinks that the whole family is full when he is full. It's also like my second uncle who thinks that no grapes should ever be harvested, but instead be left there to drop off the tree by itself, just because he doesn't like to eat grapes. ##

Back to the topic, there is not a chance that abe has the slightest correct sensory devices when it comes to detecting shiftiness. Now the question is: "what would The Kind Hearted Ninja do with his girlfriend if he had a girlfriend?" I see a lot of very young people (say 15-16) with girlfriends and i would (if i get the chance) ask them: "what do you do with your girlfriends?" i have no idea. if it was me, even at this age, i would probably stand there like a piece of wood and stare at some by-passing insects.

Now you could probably go back to the symbol ## and add: "and it's also like The Kind Hearted Ninja who thinks that nobody needs a girlfriend just because he has the curse (it's actually a gift) of singlehood."

No comments: